Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

3 Months

(This post was written weeks ago, but I forgot to post it...  Oops!)

Wow.  Three months old.  I can hardly believe it.

Lorelei is so much fun, and she is the happiest little thing!  We are so in love with her.  She has us wrapped around her little finger, for sure.

Here's what she's been up to this past month ~

  • She's still a good eater!  She doesn't miss a meal, and she's starting to really fill out.  I just love it! 
  • She loves bath time now!  Whew.
  • She smiles and coos ALL THE TIME!  When we talk to her, she will respond with a huge grin.  Sometimes, she will 'talk' back to us.  
  • I can tell that her vision is getting better.  She looks for us when we walk in the room, and she will 'track' us as we move around.  She loves to watch the ceiling fan!
  • Sometimes she'll take a pacifier, but other times she will spit it out.  We are constantly sterilizing those darn things.  She is not addicted to it like her mother was, and I guess that's a good thing.
  •  We are finally starting to get a nap schedule down.  Lorelei does not like to nap, so it's hard to get her down sometimes.  Lately, she's been taking a 3+ hour nap in the afternoons around 1:30 or so.  She is so happy when she wakes up, and our evening are much better!
  • Unfortunately, she's starting waking up in the night... I'm so bummed about this!  I think that she's really hungry because she will be sucking on her fist and fussing.  I've started feeding her, and afterwards, she goes right back to sleep.  We've contemplated using rice cereal in her last feeding to help her sleep through the night again, but I just can't do it.  I know it's okay, but I really want to wait until 4 months.
  • She is going to bed between 9:15-9:45 most of the time.  We are trying to bump up her bedtime.  Hopefully, she'll start going down sooner!
  • She is still sleeping in her bassinet in our room.  She's starting to get a little big for it, though.  I just can't move her upstairs quite yet.
  • She has discovered her hands and she is really using them!  She loves to pull her clothes or bib over her face, and she will put those hands in her mouth and chew on them.  She's also started reaching and grabbing the toys that hang on her activity mat. 
  • She still LOVES her activity mat, but she's not very tolerate of her bouncy seat anymore.
  • I've started propping her up in the corner of the couch, and she thinks she is so big!  She gets so excited and will just grin.  You can tell that she's really proud of herself.
  • She is still wearing a size 1 diaper.

We are so crazy about this little girl! Alan and I can't believe that she's ours, and we are so grateful for the gift of parenthood.  Next weekend, she will be christened, and we are really looking forward to a very special weekend with lots of family and friends. 

Here's a picture of her documenting being 3 months old today!




No comments:

Post a Comment