Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Family Shower

This past Saturday, I went to Hazlehurst to meet up with my childhood friend, Cori, and her family!  Cori and I could hardly go to the bathroom without telling each other--that's how much time we spent together as kids and teenagers!  She knows me inside and out, and our history together makes our friendship extra special.

Growing up, I would go with her to her grandparents' house to visit, and they have always treated me like another grandchild.  I even went to a family reunion with them one time.  Her parents were like parents to me, and I adore her aunt, uncle and cousins.   These are the most precious people, and I love them all so much!

On Saturday, Cori's mom, aunt, and grandparents were all meeting in Hazlehurst for the weekend, and they invited me to come over.  I don't ever decline an invitation to see them!  When I got there, they had planned the most adorable 'Family Baby Shower'.  It was the sweetest thing!  The shower was complete with beautiful flowers and a delicious cake!  They showered us with wonderful and thoughtful gifts for our upcoming baby, and we had the best time visiting and eating!  Their thoughtfulness means so much to me, and I am so grateful to be considered a member of their family!

Here are some pictures of the day:  (I did not get a group picture of the girls on my camera.  Horrible of me!  We took a bunch, so I'll see if I can get a group shot from Cori!)



Wrapped Presents!
Precious Gifts!

Delicious Lunch made by Mammaw!
Mammaw & Pappaw

Beautiful Centerpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment