All of the thoughtful and wonderful baby gifts!
This past Saturday, my friends hosted the most precious baby shower for me! It was absolutely perfect, and we were showered with tons of thoughtful and sweet gifts for the baby. I have the most wonderful friends, and they created such a personal and adorable shower. There was so much thought put into all of the details. I loved it!
I love Beatrix Potter, as I'm sure you can tell! My mom did our (mine and Nick's) nursery in Beatrix Potter many years ago. I've always loved the stories and artwork, and I've collected the figurines for several years. Unfortunately, the prints that hung in our room have been lost... However, my wonderful mother-in-law cross stitched the same pictures that hung in our room, and she made another picture. I can't even begin to tell you how special these are! She gave them to me at the shower. They are gorgeous! Grams also made the baby a quilt! She makes the most wonderful quilts, and she had to order the fabric from Australia (Beatrix Potter stuff can be difficult to find in the U.S.). It's so precious.
We received so many other gifts that were handmade, too! My best friend, Aimee', made a soft book for the baby, and she made the most adorable baby shoes. Aimee' is this child's godmother, and she is also hand making the baby's christening gown. It's going to be beautiful.
And we got tons of other sweet gifts! We got almost everything that we think we need to bring this baby home -- car seat, stroller, swing, bouncy seat, clothes, diaper bag, grooming necessities, bottles, etc. My aunt and uncle sent us the cutest rocking horse from Pottery Barn Kids! I can't wait to get it! (It's on backorder but will be shipped in a few months.) Everyone was so thoughtful. Alan and I are overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. We are so fortunate to have such caring and loving family and friends.
The shower was so perfect. Thank you to all of my friends that worked so hard! It was a day that I'll never forget. |
Everything looked fabulous, including you! So sorry to have missed it.
ReplyDeleteYour shower was adorable, thanks for posting pictures! Looking forward to meeting your sweet bundle of joy!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete