While I was pregnant with Lorelei, someone told us to choose a book and read it aloud to the baby as much as possible. Maimee' (my best friend, Aimee', who is Lorelei's godmother) gives Lorelei a book every month and writes a beautiful note to her, and she started this the first month I was expecting her and is continuing to do it. One of the first books she gave us was Pat the Bunny. While I was pregnant, we would read the book several times a week. Our dog, Jack, quickly picked up on it, and he LOVES the book! In fact, we didn't even need to get the book out before he would get excited -- if we just recited the first line or two, he would go bananas. We've been a little busy since Lorelei was born, but we finally read the book to her sweet face. She heard it numerous times while I was carrying her, so it wasn't her first time to hear it (or Jack's, for that matter...)
Lorelei, Daddy and Jack (being held back...) Jack thinks it's his book!
No comments:
Post a Comment