I don't think that I've mentioned my book club to you... It's one of my most favorite things, and I look forward to our meetings and books each month! Several of us starting meeting about 2 1/2 years ago, and we've added many new people to our group. We have a great group of girls, and I love being a big nerd and reading/discussing great books with friends.
One of the things that I love most about it is that I read books that I probably wouldn't read, if we weren't reading them in Book Club. This is mainly because I haven't heard about them, or they may not be in a genre that appeals to me. I must admit, that I usually enjoy every selection, and I can only think of a few books that I didn't love.
Margie's month is January, and she chose Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.
I'm LOVING this book. I had previously been interested in it and read several reviews, so I was very excited when Margie chose it. I think that we will have a great discussion about it when we meet at the end of the month.
And just because I finally figured out how to post an image, here is one of my all-time favorite books that we read in Book Club over a year ago... The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls.
(Image from Amazon)
If you have not read this book, do yourself a favor right now ~ Buy it and read it immediately! Jeanette Walls came to Lemuria Book Store here in Jackson last year to promote her second book, and I got to meet her and hear her speak. Wow. She's an incredible person and is a wonderful speaker. I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to meet her.
I hope that I can post about each book that we read in Book Club, so that I can keep a record of them. Recently, I read in a magazine that if you want your children to love reading that you should read in front of your children. Just reading to children doesn't instill your love of reading in them. It's important that if you want your child to enjoy and value things that they see you doing those things, too. I had never thought of it that way, but I want my children to love books as much as Alan and I do. I will certainly read to them, and I'll continue to read on my own in the hopes that they will make the time to enjoy books, too.



India! I am LOVING all the post! Great blogging! I hope I get to see you some over Spring. Maybe another 31 party with some new spring items? Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteIndia!! I am so proud of you for posting pictures!! Yay!!!
ReplyDelete