Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

This and That...

Well, January is really dragging on, and I LOVE it!  Last year, it seemed like every month just flew by, and the year was over before I knew it.  I know that this is only the first month of 2012, but it has been so nice to look at the calendar to find that the month isn't over.  I'm glad that the time seems to be slowing down!

Unfortunately, the weather has been a total disappointment for me.  Goodness gracious--it has been so muggy and rainy, and it's been downright warm.  I'll be honest, I really love some severe winter weather, and we haven't had any this year.  We've barely had a freeze at night.   My fear is that it's going to be a really hot and long summer because we've had such a mild winter. 

In other news, I finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand last night.  It was a fantastic book!  It's very lengthy, but it is really an amazing true story.  If you want to be moved by a great novel, pick this one up.  You won't regret it!  Our book club meets on Monday, and I think we are going to have a great discussion about this book.

This weekend, Alan and I are having a date night on Friday.  On Saturday, we are headed down to the 'Barndominium' to see my dad and stepmom.  They built a barn this past summer/fall, and they are making the trip from Oklahoma to bring a load of furniture, etc.  The barn is 1/3 storage and 2/3 living quarters, hence the nickname 'Barndominium'.  Anyway, we are headed to McComb to spend some time with them, and get some things that they're bringing.  And Sunday, we are going to church and spending some time at home getting some small projects done.  Hope you enjoy the last weekend of January!


No comments:

Post a Comment