Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ringing in 2012

Hello, 2012!

We rang in the new year last night with some good friends!  The Lynches hosted their second annual New Year's Eve Party, and we had a blast!  Emily and John really outdid themselves with a wonderful menu that included oysters rockefeller, boiled royal red shrimp, smoked beef tenderloin sandwiches and many other tasty dishes.  Everything was DELICIOUS!

This morning, I went to church.  It was communion Sunday, and Ricky preached a really wonderful sermon.  We celebrated Ephiphany and reflected on the wisemen's journey to meet Jesus.  Alan loves Ephiphany, and unfortunately, he had to miss church (for the second year in a row) because he's on call today.

As I type, my cabbage and black-eyed peas are cooking on the stove.  Like all good southerners, I'll be eating the traditional New Year's Day foods for wealth (cabbage) and luck and prosperity (black-eyed peas).  Hopefully, Alan will get a break from doing epidurals tonight, so I can bring him some dinner...  

Hope you had a safe and very happy evening ringing in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment