Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things...

Well, it seems like all of the holiday busyness is officially behind us.  Whew!  Last week, I enjoyed my 29th birthday with Alan, and my family and friends were so thoughtful to remember me.  I received so many phone calls, cards and texts.  My mother and aunt came for the weekend, so we celebrated and also got alot of things done.  We are all so excited about this upcoming baby, so it was fun to begin preparing for him/her.  By the way, we are not finding out the gender...

Anyway, I feel like this week I am getting back into the swing of things.  Tonight, my Bible study group will resume our weekly meetings.  Because of the busy schedules during December, we haven't met since before Thanksgiving.  I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and discussing our study.  We really love Priscilla Shirer's studies, and we are currently doing her Jonah, Navigating A Life Interupted  study. It's about the story of Jonah, and how his story applies to our current lives.

Image from Amazon
 One of my goals for this year is to be diligent in my quiet time with God.  Unfortunately, this sometimes gets 'put on the back burner' when things get hectic.  When I'm self-disciplined about my quiet time, I can tell a change in my actions and attitude.

I hope that you're also getting back into the swing of things and enjoying this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment