Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

We spent Easter at Lake D'Arbonne with my dad's family, and we had the best time!  Every year, we meet all of my dad's brothers' families at the lake.  We rent cabins, eat way too much delicious food, stay up too late hanging out, etc.  The guys have an annual golf game that can get pretty competitive (though this year it was more low-key).  It is a weekend that the whole family looks forward to all year (I know that Alan and I do!).

This year, my family wanted to celebrate Baby Torrey, so they had a shower for us at the lake.  It was perfect!!  My cousin had a friend that made a delicious and adorable strawberry cake.  We got lots of sweet gifts, and had a great time visiting!  Everyone was supposed to wear pink or blue, depending on their prediction of the baby's gender.  (I did not get a picture of Team Pink or Team Blue).  It was a very special weekend, and we missed our family members that couldn't be with us.

While in Louisiana, I picked up the bassinet and baby bedding.  I'll share pictures of everything soon. I'm really excited to have it, and I'm anxious to finish putting everything together!

And though I did an awful job of taking pictures, here are some pictures of our Easter weekend:

Delicious Strawberry Cake made by my cousin's friend


Gifts!

Wreath made by my cousin

Precious Blanket that was knitted by my sister-in-law's mom

Nick (my brother), Heather (sister-in-law) and Marcie (Heather's mom)

Me, Nick and Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment