Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Well, I've actually been home a good bit.  However, I haven't been blogging...  Alan and I have been busy finishing up projects around the house and enjoying time with friends.  The baby will most likely be here in about three weeks or so, and we've been busy doing alot of non-baby related things (and baby related things too).

In April, Margie hosted our Spring Tea in Vicksburg.  Megan and I went over on Friday night and spent the night with Marge, and we had a great time catching up and eating!!

Also in April, we finished up the nursery.  Whew!  This was really starting to stress me out, but there was nothing to do until the bedding came back from the seamstress.  The room turned out peaceful and nostalgic, which is what I wanted.

I hosted Book Club this past week, so I'll share those details with you soon.  We had a very small group, but it was a fun night!

Around the house, Alan and I finished cleaning out closets, Alan washed the house (a big task that needed to be done), repainted our bedroom (the same color, it just really needed a fresh coat), and many more projects that I can't recall...  Today, he's on call, so I'm going to clean our ceiling fans, clean windows and steam clean our carpet!  I know people call this 'nesting', but you can ask Alan--we do most of these things at least once every year.  I may be slightly more neurotic about getting them done this year, though...

This afternoon, I'm going to head over to our friends' Cinco de Mayo party to enjoy some great company and food!  The Lynches host great parties, and we always have so much fun with our friends from church! Have I mentioned how much we love our church and Sunday school class?  We really do!  We have met some really wonderful friends through our precious little church.

Hope you have a great weekend, and I'll be playing catch up on the blog this week.  Be looking for some updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment