Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Coming Soon...

Our baby!  Of course, we don't know exactly when, but my doctor doesn't think that I'll make it to next week.  My body is preparing to have this baby soon, and I've been having some very uncomfortable contractions.  In fact, my doctor reserved a room for us at the hospital for tonight (we have since released it...).  Our bags are packed and my mom is coming tomorrow, so we are ready (we think...).  We are really getting excited to meet this baby and find out what he/she is!  It's been such a fun surprise not knowing the gender!

We know that the first few weeks will be a tough adjustment for everyone, and I'm a little nervous... but I know that we can do this.  We've dreamed about this day for a very long time...

Because our home is two story and the nursery is upstairs, the baby will be in our room for awhile.  Here are some pictures of what the baby is coming home to:

This is our bedroom.  We have set up our dresser as a changing table and the baby's bassinet is in the left corner...


Dresser/Changing Table and Bassinet



The crib was mine and my brother's.  The blanket rack (to the left) was also in our nursery.  The baby rocking chair was mine when I was little.  And Alan's mother made the Peter Rabbit picture that is above the crib.

The rocking chair.  The shelf above was made by Alan's dad, and it was in his room as a child.
Table next to rocking chair, basket of books from Maimee (the baby's godmother), and the Beatrix Potter pictures that Alan's mom made.

Armoire that I plan to use later to display the christening gown that Maimee is making.  Up top is a precious bunny lamp, Beatrix Potter china and books.
The nursery is very special to us because it's filled with things that were mine and Alan's when we were babies/children.  We bought very few things for this room.  I'm very grateful that my parents saved so much from our nursery, and I think it's really precious that our baby will sleep in the same crib that Nick and I slept in.  I also love all of the Beatrix Potter touches that are throughout the room.  My mother decorated our nursery with these Beatrix Potter things, too.


Hopefully, my next post will be introducing the baby to you!

1 comment:

  1. The bassinet and nursery are both beautiful! Great job, India!

    ReplyDelete