April was my month to host Book Club. I chose
The House at Riverton by
Kate Morton as our book, and I hosted our meeting last Monday. I
really loved the book, but it had a very slow start, in my opinion. In
fact, I think that the first 1/3 of the book was a little unnecessary.
Once I got through the beginning, I couldn't put it down, and I really
enjoyed it!
I love to host my meetings with a theme similar to the book. This book made that a little difficult, but I thought about doing a light English tea supper (which probably doesn't even exist)... I decided to have finger sandwiches (cucumber, vegetable and pimiento cheese), grape
salad, spinach and strawberry salad, and pound cake as our supper. I used my great-grandmother's glassware, which I love! Originally,
ten people said that they could come, so I made tons of food.
Unfortunately, only three people ended up being able to come, so I had
plenty of leftovers for the week! Lauren, Ashley, Kristen and I had a
wonderful time catching up, and I didn't get any group pictures... But I
did get a few of the table before everyone arrived...
 |
| Food Table |
 |
| Pound Cake & Spinach and Strawberry Salad |
 |
| Cucumber Sandwiches & Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches |
 |
| Spinach and Strawberry Salad |
 |
| Grape and Pecan Salad |
Our next book is Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. I've been wanting to read this one, so I'm hoping to read it in the next few weeks. And because Memorial Day is the last Monday in May (which is when our group usually meets) our meeting has been pushed back until June. I'm hoping that I'll get to go, since the doctor thinks I have about 2 weeks left before the baby comes...
Beautiful pictures! Still sad I had to miss!
ReplyDelete