Last night, our church had a beautiful service to signify the start of this season. The importance of Easter is undeniable to Christians, and I like that we have set aside 40 days leading up to Easter to focus on Jesus, his life, his death and his resurection. I know that not all Christian denominations celebrate Lent, but it seems that more and more are, which I think is wonderful.
During the days leading up to Easter, I am going to earnestly try to spend more time in prayer, reflection of His word, and listening to God. Life's busyness makes this hard, but I am going to do my very best to prioritize my time with God. My bible study group is reading the book Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver. This book really speaks to me, and I'm getting so much out of it. We are meeting next week to discuss the first 6 chapters of the book, and I think we are going to have alot to talk about.
I hope that you are preparing your heart for the Easter season.


India! I am LOVING your blog, you are doing so great with such fun post! And congrats on the new camera, you're going to be obsessed with it! I hope to see you some time soon, maybe a fun Saturday in Jackson with Margie?! :)
ReplyDelete