Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of the day, I thought that I'd post some things that I love!  

 

Le Creuset Cookware

I LOVE this cookware!  Le Creuset is expensive, but it's worth the money, if you enjoy cooking!  I have a set that is in a gray color that they no longer make.  Seriously, you will LOVE these pots and pans.  They are the BEST!


Dyson Pet Hair Vacuum Cleaner
We have an adorable golden retriever, Jack. He lives inside--year-round. The only issue with an indoor golden retriever is the amount of fine, blonde hair that he sheds constantly...  And I mean constantly.  Several years ago, I got this vacuum to do battle with his hair, and it keeps me sane and my house clean! I would imagine that even if you don't have an indoor, shedding dog that you would still LOVE this vacuum!


 Peter Rabbit and Friends

I have been in love with Beatrix Potter's books and characters for as long as I can remember.  I absolutely adore Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddleduck, Jeremy Fisher, Hunca Munca, etc.  My mother loved Peter Rabbit, too, and our nursery had touches of these classic characters.  I have collected some of the figurines for years, and I'm going to have some Peter Rabbit things in our baby's nursery, too.  Everything is so classic (and gender neutral!), and the colors that she used are beautiful.  I just LOVE it all!  
Sidenote:  If you haven't seen the movie, Miss Potter, rent it today!  Renee Zellweger plays Beatrix Potter, and it's a precious movie that is based on the author's life.  It's really sweet.  


British Television Shows!

Here are some that I love...

Downton Abbey

This is currently playing on PBS on Sunday nights.  I LOVE British shows, and this is one is a huge hit in the U.S.  It's addicting.  

Midsomer Murders

My heart skips a beat when this arrives from Netflix! Oh how I LOVE this murder mystery series!  It's fantastic!  My mother got me hooked on this show.  We share a love of British murder mysteries, among many other things, and A & E aired this show every Sunday afternoon for awhile.  One Sunday, it didn't come on, and I was devastated.  No other U.S. network carried it.  How was I going to live?  Well, I hated to buy all of the seasons (there are at least 13 and they cost about $50 each).  Right around the time that they quit airing it on A & E, Netflix was becoming a huge hit.  I checked their website, and they had the show.  I signed up that day, and I LOVE Netflix for many other reasons besides that I can still get my Midsomer Murders!

 Inspector Lewis

In my opinion, this series isn't as good as Midsomer Murders, but I still really enjoy it!

Moving on....


Murder, She Wrote

I'm admitting it.  I LOVE this show.  I know that you're cringing, but I can't help it.  I know that it began when I was a year old, and I know that no one my age watches this show.  I'm a nerd, and I admit it.  I'm also not ashamed!  My brother, Nick, bought me a season for Christmas last year, and he told me that he was embarrassed to check out with it.  Well, I'm not embarrassed!  I LOVE it!  (It plays on TV Land and Hallmark Movie Channel, in case you want to tune in!) 



  
Mr. Carey Grant

Words cannot express my LOVE for him.  He was such a gentleman, and I love his movies!



Need I say more? LOVE.


The Container Store
I discovered this little slice of heaven when my dad lived in Dallas!  If you like to organize and clean (I LOVE both of these things...), then this is your dream store!  They have a container for everything.  I wish it wasn't a 7 hour drive to the nearest location...



Home

I LOVE Mississippi, but Louisiana will always be my home.  I love the diversity of my home state.  I love the food, the people, and the culture.  There's no place like home.



Teas with Friends

Quarterly, my friends Leah, Margie, Megan and I get together and have a tea.  We host them in our homes, and we have a great time catching up, eating good food, and enjoying some tea.  We began this tradition several years ago after visiting the Savannah Tea Room.  We had such a great time there, and we decided that we would come home and make it a tradition.  Last year, I hosted a Valentine's day tea, and here is a picture of us from that day. 





Nick (my brother) , Dad, and me - Christmas 2010 




Mother and me - Spring 2011



Family
 
And I LOVE my family.  I love all of my family - not just the ones that are pictured! This last picture was our Christmas card picture this year.  Ben and Jack are our spoiled rotten dogs.  We LOVE them.  And I'm very grateful to be married to the most hard working, funny, talented, frugal, patient, genuine and loving guy. 

Happy Valentine's Day!  
Hope you're able to be with the ones you LOVE today!



No comments:

Post a Comment