Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Week in Review

Wow!  Last weekend (Feb. 11th and 12th) and last week were really busy but lots of fun!  I'm off today for President's Day, and I'm enjoying some down time.  Here's what we've been up to over the last week and weekend...

Saturday-
Alan and I joined in on Megan and Ricky's garage sale.  It was a BLAST, and we got rid of alot.  Everything that we didn't sell, we gave away.  Whew!  The only downside to the morning was that it was FREEZING.  Seriously, the wind was bone chilling, but we still had a great time! Check out Megan's blog to read about it.
That afternoon, I went to a baby shower for my friend Caroline.  She got lots of great stuff, and it was a really nice shower.

Sunday-
Alan was on call, but I went to church.  The service was wonderful, and afterwards, the youth hosted a 'Love Lunch' as a fundraiser for their summer trip.  The spaghetti was good, and the entertainment (the Newly Wed Game) was hilarious! 

Monday-
Alan was post call, so when I got off of work at noon, we knocked out some projects at home.  The main thing that we accomplished was getting the closet in the nursery put back together.  More on this later...

Valentine's Day ~ Tuesday-
Alan and I opted to stay home and cook dinner ourselves (this is not unusual because we don't like to get out in the Valentine's day restaurant madness...).  We love to cook anyway, so we had a simple and delicious meal of Chicken Marsala and exchanged cards.  It was a perfect evening.





Wednesday-
We cleaned house and got ready for company.  Alan tutored at church. 

Thursday-
I worked in the morning, and then I headed down to New Orleans for the Cirque Du Soleil Michael Jackson show.  The show was really good, but it was SO LOUD.  Have you even been to a show that the volume almost ruined the actual show?  I can handle loudness, but this was almost too much for me.  Other than that, it was fantastic!

Friday-
I drove home from New Orleans that morning, and Cori and Brooks arrived that night.  We had dinner at Cracker Barrel (it's tradition), and then we all basically crashed...

A weekend update is up next...  The time went by too fast, but it was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment