Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 10, 2012

Potato Soup

Burr!!!  It's going to be a cold weekend, so I thought that I'd post this really easy and delicious potato soup recipe.  I made this last week for a couple in our Sunday school class that had their first baby.  It makes a ton, so I kept some for me and Alan, too.

Potato Soup
  • 5 lb. bag of red potatoes
  • 16 oz. of Velveeta cheese
  • can of evaporated milk
  • can of Cream of Chicken soup
  • 1 stick of butter
 Boil potatoes.  Fill pot with water and cover about 1 inch over the potatoes. When tender, mash.  (I did not drain my potatoes.  You can drain some of the water out, if you want.  Do not drain all of it, though).  Next, add Velveeta cheese,  can of evaporated milk, can of Cream of Chicken soup and a stick of butter.  I also added a few green onions to mine. Heat through.




Top with cheese, sour cream, bacon and green onions.  


You'll be eating this for days!  It's easy and delish!



Lastly, here's picture of me holding AnnaMarie.  I brought this meal to her parents, and I got to meet her for the first time that night.  She's beautiful and so sweet! 



Hope you have a great weekend!  Alan and I are joining in with Ricky and Megan, and we're having a garage sale tomorrow morning.  I have never had a garage sale, but I think it will be fun (and freezing)! 


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the garage sale. We are leaving for Louisiana this morning! Have a great weekend, and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete